We apologize at this time but we will only be issuing a marriage license to Comanche County Residences only. Proof of residency will be required.
Until further notice there will be no courthouse marriages performed by a Judge.
OK Statues, Title 43, Section 5, number 2 states: “The full legal name and the age of each party as they appear upon or are calculable from a certified copy of the birth certificate, the current driver license or identification card, the current passport or visa, or any other certificate, license or documents issued by or existing pursuant to the laws of any nation or of any state, or political subdivision thereof, accepted as proof of identity and age;”
- Marriage License information sheet
2020 COVID-19 MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION
- PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY OR TYPE REQUESTED INFORMATION
- First Applicant information should be completed.
- Be sure to enter full first, middle and last name to be known as after the marriage
- Second Applicant information should be completed.
- Be sure to enter full first, middle and last name to be known as after the marriage.
- If applicants have completed premarital counseling, proof must be submitted with the application.
- Both applicants must provide their phone number on the application
- You may email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the completed application to the following address: COMANCHE COUNTY COURT CLERK 315 SW 5TH STREET, ROOM 205 LAWTON, OK 73501
- After you have emailed or mailed your completed Application back to the Court Clerk’s office you must call this office to verify that we have received it (580-250-5093) and at that time schedule an appointment for the parties to be sworn in. A payment at that time will be required either by credit/debit card or money order/cashier’s check payable to the COMANCHE COUNTY COURT CLERK. Further instructions will be given to you at the time you call.
- Both applicants must provide a current ID as described above when you meet the Clerk. Names must match the name you provided on the application with your ID.
- Return the Original Marriage License within five (5) days succeeding the date of the ceremony to: COMANCHE COUNTY COURT CLERK 315 SW 5TH STREET, ROOM 205 LAWTON, OK 73501 for recording purposes. Also provide a self-addressed stamped envelope and we will return the original and 3 certified copies.
Reminders: prior to applying for your marriage license, have your wedding date set; have your Officiant chosen; you will need 2 witnesses 18 years of age or older; and after the ceremony, sign your full name “to be known as” exactly as printed on your marriage certificate.) Witness’s signature must be legible
Please call 580-250-5093 if you have any questions or concerns
Marriage License Fees: $50.00 you if you have not had premarital counseling. ($5.00 with proof of Premarital Counseling Certificate)