VISITATION CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
The Comanche County Detention Center is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all inmates, staff, and visitors. Due to the situation with COVID-19 and CDC guidelines on social distancing, CCDC has suspended all visitation until further notice. We realize this will cause a lot of hardship for friends and family, and it was not a decision made lightly. We will review the suspension weekly and decide whether local conditions have stabilized to a point where it is safe to resume visitation.
Questions and concerns may be made to Lieutenant Walls at 580-250-1902 ext. 108.
1. Due to the size of the Comanche County Detention Center, all visiting will be done by cell assignment. If an inmate’s cell assignment is changed due to disciplinary problems, you will not be allowed to visit until the new cell assignment’s next regularly scheduled visit time. Visitation is allowed on weekends only.
2. The Chief of Security or Administrative Assistant, under special circumstances, will approve special visits only.
3. Inmates placed in Special Housing are not normally allowed visitation, due to the fact that this is a disciplinary unit, until such time as they are removed from Special Housing and returned to General Population.
4. Bringing or possession of contraband in a jail or correctional facility (Statute 57.21) is a FELONY.
5. NO cell phones, tablets, cameras, smart watches, etc. are permitted.
6. Only approved minor children may visit.
Requirements for Visitation
1. All visitors must fill out an inmate Visitation Request Form.
2. All visitors must follow the Visitation Rules. These rules are strictly enforced.
All visits will take place on Saturday or Sunday of each week. All visitors must sign up on Thursdays from 11:00am – 1:00pm by calling 580-250-1902 ext. 108 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email your name and the inmate you would like to visit by 1:00pm on Thursday.
If you have any questions regarding visitation, please contact the Detention Center at 580-250-1902 ext. 108.